[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:59:30 -0800

>Felicity puased looking confused for a moment, before she realize
>what she had said. "Ah, I apologize; that was my faux pas. Anyway,
>Luc, you've heard," Felicity spoke as she pointed back to the Tiger
>docked against the back wall. Her tone was dismissedly nonchalant.
>She gestured toward the man standing near the Iguana. "This is one
>of our new pilots, Shamus Rodriguez.
>
> > "I am Kassandra Athena-3172," she replied.  "My name can be shortened
> > to Tina."
>
>[Scott?]

[Sorry about the delay, Dennis, but I mentioned the archery festival
beforehand.  Also keep in mind that Japan is something like 16 or 17 hours
different from US Pacific Standard Time and that has some effect on when I'm
on the net.]

Shamus studied the GREL impassively, hands planted on his hips.  He cast a
glance at the partially disassembled Iguana then returned his gaze to the
genetically-engineered super-soldier standing in front of him, scowling.
Like Esperanz he declined to shake Kassandra Athena-3172's hand.  Unlike
Esperanz he did not happen to be covered in grease.

"Great, this job just gets better and better," he chuckled bitterly.
"'Tina,' huh?  I knew a Tina once.  I didn't like her."  Then, after a
pause: "You're not from Port Arthur, are you?"

---
[Dennis, I appreciate the effort to keep the rules portion of the game as
transparent as possible.  I don't care about target numbers or dice rolls so
much, but I do ask that when rolls are made affecting my character that you
tell me the Margin of Success or Failure, so I can adjust my writing
accordingly;  there's a big difference in describing a racing maneuver that
succeeds with a MoS of 5 and an MoS 1.]