[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 19:22:36 -0800

> > Shamus clapped Luong on the shoulder.
> >   "You have a fine team --even the kid-- and I'm confident that you will
>get
> > this runty Southern piece of dawg crap up and running in no time.  These
>are
> > just temporary setbacks that we've just got to work through..."
>
>"We will," Matsuo answered. "We have to. The time trials for the
>Bulwark 1000 are in four days, and Silas wants to have you pilots
>running test trials as soon as possible."

"It'll be good getting back on the track.  All this waitin' around is making
me antsy.  Where the hell is Bulwark, anyway?"

>"I'm looking for the Colonel," a voice boomed through the hangar.
>"Where is he?"There was now a  man shouldered by two large men in
>main entrance doorway.

Shamus stepped out, unconsciously putting himself in front of Matsuo and the
rest of the pit crew, protectively.  He held a wrench against his thigh,
casually.  //Never can be too careful in this hell-hole.//  "Colonel ain't
here," he called out, affable but cautious.  "What can I do for you?"