[HG-PBEM] In the Hangar

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:00:53 -0700

[GM: Robb and Scott, this is your scene.]

On the westend of the Core
----------

Tina strode through the alleyway, looking for the address that she'd
been given by a man who called himself the Colonel, just yesterday.
He had told her to mention him to the lead mechanic Felicity Esperanz.
The manner that the Core of Khar ad-Din was addressed was crude
and nearly impossible to navigate; she was already late by an hour.
She had had to ask the occasional street rat or beggar where she
should go, but few showed an interest in helping a GREL unless she
gave them money up front. As she looked up at the rusted sign
posted outside the warehouse, she read the address, 10874 Westend
Core. She had arrived.

Looking to her left and then her right, she turned the knob and pushed
through the doorway. Inside, she could hear the sound of power tools
and the smell of oil and fuel. The door had opened into a hallway with
offices on either side. All were empty. As she continued down the
hallway, she heard a man and woman arguing.

"What do you mean that the engine is running heavy?" a man was
questioning. "I thought that this gear passed inspections?"

"How do you think we got it so cheap," the woman responded.

"Cheap? Felicity, this gear isn't worth half what you paid for it."

Tina entered the hangar. Directly in front of her, she witnessed the
man stomp over and kick the prone Iguana that rested atop a hydralic
lift. "Hey," the woman's voice shouted out from beneath the gear. The
woman pushed herself out from under the gear and sat up. "Shamus,
stop it, OK. I'll fix the damn gear, but I need to isolate the bad valves
on this fuel intake system, and I've got four different subsystem to
dimantle before I can get to tha-- Uh, hello?" The woman had turned
to look up at Tina. "Shamus, why didn't you tell me that we had
company. Can I help you?" The woman asked plainly.