[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:41:22 -0700
On 12 Feb 2003, at 15:50, Robb Neumann wrote:

> Her expression was, unfortunately for Felicity and Luc, expressionless.

There was a long pause by all three. Finally, Felicity spoke up. "Well,
that was a conversation stopper."

Just then the back door slammed open and a large group of young
adults squeezed through the door. They seemed so engaged in their
own conversation, seeming to gackle like a flock of Daks, that they
didn't notice anyone. As the group rounded the prone Iguana.  "Hey
Shamus!" shouted the young woman in the lead. She had numerous
peircing running up the ears and her hair was bright red. "How's it han-
- Whoa!" The woman thrust out her arms, stopping everyone dead in
their tracks. The whole crowd stopped, looking at Tina with a look of
surprise on their faces. I twas hard not to notice that she stood nearly
two meters tall.

A large, burly kid with a nose ring spoke up. "Ah, we're not getting
another one, are we?"

Felicity frowned, motioning to the motley conflagration. "Tina, this is
the Pit Crew. Well, a good portion of them. Pit Crew, this is Tina, and,
yes, she is a Kassandra-class GREL who will working with Luc and I.
She's an expert in electronic systems and will be helping all of us out
here."

Felicity looked back at Tina. "You know, you will have to direct these
goons if need be in managing and repairing the gears' electronics in
the pits. You think you can handle supervising these guys?"

[...]

One of the young men stepped forward and gingerly held out his
hand. "Wow, this is so cool, a Kassandra-class GREL. It is a pleasure
to meet you. Tina, is it? I'm Saddik, but most people just call me
Wizkid. I specialize on electronic systems too."