[HG-PBEM] Re: Elsewhere in the Sand Stone (Still inside the room)

  • From: "Aaron O'Reilly" <lvmonkey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:58:53 -0500

Rohgen looked down at his drink. he always loved the little umbrellas this
place always put in them. he wondered why they missed it this time. He hoped
it wasn't a sign of some sort.

Rohgen sighed. This job was fun at times, despite the work. Keavy's gear had
so much work done to it's behind you'd think that he had painted a
bull's-eye. It became joke in the circuit amongst some of the regular guys
that followed around. Almost like the other pilots went just for that spot
each and every time just so they could joke about seeing a gear with a butt
flap and later a mechanic at the rear gates of a gears 'armoured longjohns'.
He decided it was time to watch the rear again and help out the team with
words.

"We gain the ability to cut our repair time down by joining a bigger outfit
and you gain another star-quality ready-to-serve team to integrate into your
own outfit. The way we have figured it so far is that we have been losing
out because we end early and have to sit in the docks longer because as good
as Keavy is, she is still only one pilot. I can only do so much for similar
reasons. Terry tells us that we are still doing well in our small world and
its time to expand into the bigger money but that requires a gear team and
the supporting crew to go along with it. You have that team and crew that,
like our own, is already well tuned and ready for action. We both are
looking for the same thing; to take our business to the next level".

Monty was looking for a pocket for his new found treasure. Searching high
and low for a spot that would not leave it open for stealing by these huge
monkey-like creatures. Even this strange one that he adopted seemed the type
that may take this valuable item from him. As cute and cuddly as this
man-ape was, he had a habit of taking what was not his and storing it in his
own hordes. Well at least they could ultimately share these hordes as the
ape was not as crafty as a lizard. It also made them easier to move around
with them and more secure to temporarally store in the apes hordes. He
waited for his moment. With a quick gesture he stuck the little toothpick
umbrella into a crevasse in the TechRig. Ha! These man apes were surely
duped by the incredible skill that only lizard kind could harness. Sitting
back proudly on his distracted man-apes shoulder he looked around for more
valuable bobbles.

ook