[amayausers.com] Re: timing problems, i think. please help

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 14:54:16 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/953.html#000002

Hummmmm.......

With the Big Reds and having been a tech almost since their creation and
release to the public...I got one of the really early models.... I feel that
turning off the machine and then powering it back up when "color change errors"
are present is bad advice.

Now having said that, before that is attempted some questions should have been
asked....you said...."  I got brave today and started unscrewing for things. I
looks like the thread tention lever is jammed. Any help with this is much
appreciated.".....Exactly what did you unscrew???? What have you done???

Do you have a needlebar down?

Is the needlebar/needle "LINED UP" exactly with the presser foot?

Have you tried turning the Z axis shaft by hand to get the machine back to it's
headup position?

The machine cannot or will not allow a headup command to take place if the
needlecase is not lined up correctly with the needle being off center of the
hole in the needleplate. There is a very small window of tolerance in this
lineup for a headup command to take place.

The color change sensor and color change flag should be cleaned/blown off/out,
etc.... "BEFORE" ever attempting to shut the machine down and power up
again...the needlecase home sensor should also be cleaned/blown out as well.
The XT's do not have these optical sensors, they use an encoder system on the
motors instead which is/was a major improvement, in my opinion.

The problem/danger of just shutting it off, this is for the Big Reds, not the
XT's, is that if the needlecase is not lined up with the presser foot and it is
not at a very close headup position, when it powers back up, the needlecase
will make or try to make a move to it's home position which is needle #9. If
the needlebar stud is just hanging on the edge of the reciprocator jaws, it
more than likely will cause it to slip out and fall. Now you have just
complicated the problem immensly.

If the E-stop is on or the machine is turned off, the needlecase can be moved
back and forth manually but no outward pressure or pull should be applied or
you can cause more needle bars to fall. If one has fallen already, you are
pretty much done and a tech call is in order...

The snapping popping sound, sounds kind of like a main thread feed gear not
lining up with the threadfeed roller assembly gears. This should also have been
 inspected "BEFORE" shutting down and powering off the machine, as the
needlecase will try to move to #9 for it 's home position and if the gear is
jammed or broken, well, nuff said...

Could be past time to give a Tech familiar with the Big Reds and their quirks a
call.....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer