[amayausers.com] Re: timing problems, i think. please help

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:51:09 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/953/2.html#000017

TJ

For starters.....this particular situation has abolutely nothing to do with any
version of the AOS software issued to date.....absolutely nothing!

It has everything to do with the optical sensor for the color change function
and the flag associated with it. With the Big Reds, because of dirt, oil, lint,
debris, etc., that could affect the function of the optical sensor, the
needlecase could get lost and not know exactly where it was suppose to be.....

You are right about one thing, I agree that the needlecase should NEVER move
without the machine being in a headup position. But, you covered yourself by
saying..."And in the rare case it moves not at headup.." Guess that means it
can and does. In any case that is contradictory information.

As far as 30 minutes to pick up a dropped needlebar....for an experienced tech
, in a normal situation, with one bar down....ok, I might go along with that.
But, I personally want to see you talk the average Amaya owner through that
little process in 30 minutes over the phone, for that matter, sitting right
beside them.

When I talk about the machine being turned off and on....we are referring to an
Amaya that has stopped off of a proper color index position. This does not
always mean that the needlebar also stops in a headup position. It may be
parially down. Guess it must be one of those "rare" cases that I have
personally witnessed many times over the years. If that machine, depending on
how far off center that needlebar is, makes it's usual little jump before
trying to recover headup and moving to it's home position, then it will
probably knock the stud off of the  reciprocator jaws and the needlebar will
fall.

I am not sure why you are taking a stand against doing a process in a safer way
for the average Amaya owner, i.e., do not turn off the machine, do depress the
E-stop, if the needle bar is down or parcially down, rotate the Z axis shaft
for machine headup, center the needlecase so that the presser foot is lined up
with the needle and the needle is lined up with the needle plate hole and
before dis-engaging the E-stop use compressed air to thouroughly clean out the
optical sensor and flag....

Nuff said.....if you don't get it....I guess you just don't get it...aaah well,
as my mother used to tell me, in a hundred years from now, what difference will
it make?

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer