[amayausers.com] Re: timing problems, i think. please help

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 18:51:51 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/953.html#000012

I fear that this is a classic case of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

The machine should have been commanded to do a color change "home" before doing
any kind of a head-up command....and....

 The Z axis shaft should have been turned manually to drop the needle to make
sure that the needle was lined up with the needleplate hole and that there was
no binding and then turned to place the machine back to a very close head-up
position prior to doing a computer command.

I know this does not help the situation now and I am not saying anything to
chastize anyone....it is hard to spend the money for a tech and sometimes
harder to come to grips with the idea that a tech maybe necessary in the first
place.....these machines are high tech and timing on them is everything....

I really am concerned at this point about the burned smell.....does it appear
to be more smell around the or under tabletop area? If so it could be the
motherboard. And it could be that it was a motherboard situation from the
beginning. It could be that a Z axis motor is the culprit which may have
affected the motherboard in other respects....

I would advise at this time to give serious consideration to calling on a tech
familiar with the Big Red series of Amaya machines.

Ed Orantes is very knowledgeable with the Reds and is fairly close to you...you
couldn't go wrong with calling on him.

Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer
504-258-6260

Sorry you are having troubles, but I do think it is time for that tech call...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer