[amayausers] Re: Upgraded Feed Rollers, Lots of thread breaks

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:24:01 -0700

    Russel,
    Yes, humidity can play a role. Cones of thread can vary widely in how they
unwind. Some are very loose and just fall off the spool while others appear to
have the thread constantly being pulled up the length of the spool. I have had
numerous issues with thread hanging up on the very bottom of the wrap. It seems
to pull tight into the bottom of the cone and the thread. This is more apparent
on new, full cones of thread. Lately, if I find a cone of thread, that is
hanging up as you have described, resistant, I pull off several feet of the
thread and discard it. This seems to work most of the time. I also find that
the cones with the most resistant are or appear to be tightly wound and these
also tend to "twist" the thread. Pull several inches of thread off a tighly
wound spool and trim it close to the needle and watch it unwind, then do the
same with one that is loosely wound and quite often there is a noticeable
difference......

    For some that may think, well, lubricate the thread with something like
"Stitch Ease", to get it to feed smoother.......not a good idea as you do not
want lubrication of any kind to get on the thread roller assembly and cause
slippage between the rollers and the thread.

    Rod Springer

    Embroidery Cottage
    Rod & Sharon Springer
    Melco Amaya Tech & Trainer