[amayausers] Re: pricing larger shirts

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:42:12 -0800

Mike We are just no installing
Fast Manager from U.S. Screen Institute
The Freseners have been in the business forever
and it's quite and impressive program.
They offer a free 30 day full functioning demo.
and if you need more time to figure it out just
call and they'll re-up you for another 30 days
no problem.

Here's a spot to look into it.
http://screenprinters.net/product.php?pid=fastmanager

It's set up to run either Screenprinting or Embroidery or both.
and can be very extensive or very simple. you can use all the features or just the couple you like, It will invoice as well as schedule, price and
keep a database of design info and order info.
Its around $1000 and additional users run $250 -$300 I think.
Always cheaper if you make arrangements at a show. (Show Specials)

I have been very impressed. and comes with the complete catalogs
for Alpha, Broder , and SanMar to start with. including pricing.

Just an FYI since we are just getting started in it's use,
and don't feel I can give a real testimonial yet.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504
fax 471-0427

420 SW H street
Grants Pass, OR 97526

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Garber" <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:15:44 -0700
Roland,

Is filemaker pro made for mac's only? How big is your shop?

Mike

Roland R. Irish III wrote:

To add to Ed's comments-make it a habit to ALWAYS double check your invoices
when ordering shirts and jackets....Sanmar for instance, will only list the
'standard' size price in their 'retail' catalog, but if you order XX or XXX
or even XXtall-you can pay up to $10 more per piece!
and that's at COST, not retail markup. So for polo shirts, example, an XXL
might cost you $2 more, an XXXL $3 more-and this translates into $4-$6 or
HIGHER add-on markup to the retail!
We run into it virtually every single order-tell the customer 'small to xtra
large are one price, double extra large costs more' and the customer ALWAYS
says...." I only need 3 dozen shirts-they're all normal sizes...6 medium, 12
large, 12 extra large, and 6 double extra large"....duh......
I use a pricing program I setup with Filemaker Pro on my mac-and the entire
price list for Sanmar, Alpha, and others is in it-so I can plug in the style
number, quantities, and sizes for all shirts-and we deliberately gave any
item with multiple size pricing a separate code for each size-so there is NO
making mistakes. Saves arguing everytime.
Shirts might be only $1 to $3 additional, but jackets and sweatshirts can be
over $10 different.
Roland