[amayausers] Re: Upgraded Feed Rollers, Lots of thread breaks

  • From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:18:40 -0700

Ed,

I'm not, I have and I understand....

Mike

Ed Orantes wrote:

Mike,
        I'm guessing you're referring to what the auto Acti-feed system is
determining your Material Thickness should be??
That system determines the material thickness based on the tension found on
the top thread.  Your top thread tension while sewing is going to be
affected by how thick the fabric and backing/topping combination is, what
kind of stitch patterns there are in the design (overlays and such), and
also how tight you have your bobbin thread tension.
        To answer your question, I would have to say your bobbin case tension is
probably a little tighter than what it could be.  No problem though, loosen
your bobbin and your material thickness will probably go down.

        If you aren't running the new software and you have found a sweet spot
where the machine runs well with good results at a Material Thickness of 6,
the same factors apply.

Ed