[amayausers] Re: Upgraded Feed Rollers, Lots of thread breaks

  • From: "Michael Walker" <walkermaj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:57:35 -0700

Hey everyone,

As a point of reference a large portion of my products are T-shirts, sweat
shirts and polo's, light and heavy weight.  When I was doing embroidery
using a home embroidery system many years ago I found the key to embroidery
on these thinner materials was to use a tear away sticky backing to secure
the fabric to the hoop after the fabric is hooped without any backing.  The
same technique works great for the AMAYA as well.  The only drawback is the
increased level of cleaning required to remove the residual adhesive that
gets into the needles, bobbin, rotary hook and trimmer assemblies.  I
probably clean these areas every three to four weeks using WD-40 and Cotton
Tipped Applicators and in my case it is worth the effort.  These parts get a
regular inspection, cleaning and lubrication as a result.

Michael Walker
Ginny's Place
Golden, CO 80401
walkermaj@xxxxxxxxxxx