[access-uk] Re: chip and PIN

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:27:06 +0100

Hi Ray
> But at least I ffound out that you can indeed have a separate number for
> cash point use to the one you use for chip and pin when purchasing goods.

That maybe true for your bank but it's very very unusual and makes no sense
 either.

A pin that's used for chip and PINm is same PIN for the ATM.
Why would anyone want to have  a different PIN?
And if you change a PIN  at the ATM, how would the system know you want
to change ATM  PIN, or chip  and  PIN change?

Could you please clarify, are you saying you have 2 cards, one you use
for chip and PIN, and one for the ATM. or are you saying you have one card
with 2  separate PINS for that 1  card.

If you have 2 cards  for same account, then either card's PIN  will work for
both ATM and chip and PIN.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx