[access-uk] Re: chip and PIN

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:58:51 +0100

Hi George
>I've been specifically looking at many different machines, and in common
with
> telephones I've seen, all have a raised dot on the number 5 key.

>So what's the real problem?

My guess is there are 2 issues:
1. Some people dislike change, ie change to a new system. But that's just
same
for sighted  people!

2. Although the number keys are all same layout, there maybe confusion
because keys 1/4/7 do not always start where one would expect. On some key
pads
they start second button from left, and on others it's first bottoms o left.

However, I would have  thought that if one is aware which is key *5* then
it's
easy to work out which is key 1 since the button to left of 5 will always be
4 and the one above 4 will be 1 and the one below 4 is 7 so I can't
see the problem!

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx