[access-uk] Re: chip and PIN

  • From: "Tony Cretney" <rac@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:06:48 +0100

Yes Ian!

I would agree with you. I also have quite a bit of sight and have found little or no difficulty in using these devices. This is particularly true when visiting the Supermarket, as I nearly always go to the same one' I consequently have very little difficulty in using the keypad, as it is clearly always the same with the same firm. Even if I visit a shop or a store that I am not altogether camellia with I do not have any serious difficulties in using the pad. However, I do understand that different keypads in different stores may well be a serious problem for those of us who do not have very much sight or may well have no sight at all.

I really do not understand why the keypads are not standardized, perhaps someone else on the list might have some ideas on this one.

As I have not really been following this thread it is quite possible that this question has already been under discussion.

Tony
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>