[24hoursupport] Re: Security Decisions

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:30:00 -0400

Good afternoon

You should Always download the programs from the
Authors site not some alternate site unless you have
to (mirrors from the original site are usually safe
such as download.com etc).   The prescan utility on
that site you mention may or may not have Anything to
do with the firewall at all... take your chances.

You could however go directly to sygate and download
the free for personal use home firewall here:
http://soho.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm

Hopefully that helps

Christy
www.hackfix.org

On 7/23/04 at 10:23 AM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>I found a download page for Sygate free firewall
here;
>http://www.uant.net/firewall/sygateguide.html
>It wants me to click on #2   Pre-Scan Utility for
Sygate.
>Looks like a scam link. Should I go for scan and let
unknowns peek at my