[24hoursupport] Security Decisions

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:48:42 -0500

Hello Group,

I have a decision to make in the near future, and would appreciate
hearing other's perspectives.

I have Trend Micro Internet Security installed as my Anti-Virus
solution, and Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall.

The most recent updates to Zone Alarm are incompatible with Trend
Micro AV, and will not install. In fact, the installer gives a message
directing me to un-install Trend Micro.

My Zone Alarm Pro upgrade contract expires in 10 days.

I am thinking to uninstall Zone Alarm and using either the Windows XP
firewall or the firewall built into Trend Micro.

Comments? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks,