[24hoursupport] Re: Cable generated interference

  • From: yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:34:55 -0500

Ok, that would be Ham Radio Outlet, a.k.a. HRO. Here is the web site;

http://www.hamradio.com/

The top of the page includes a sublink for 'store location', listing
stores across the US. I chose Denver, Colorado, as being sort of
'middle' US, and the following link;

http://www.hamradio.com/web/stores/denver.html

gives an 800 number; (800) 444-9476 but they won't be open til tomorrow.

Actually, if you want to reach someone sooner, here's the link for the
HRO in Vermont;

http://www.hamradio.com/web/stores/woodbrid.html

which lists a phone number of; (800) 444-4799 so you can call them a
couple of hours sooner. It also lists an email address, store address,
etc.

You can follow the above links to find other HRO stores in the US, all
of which should have 800 numbers and email links.

You want to know about radio/radiation interferance, these people eat,
sleep, breath, and think that kind of information. They can tell you
forwards, backwards, operational (push this button, pull that
switch...), theory (sine waves, impedance, etc.) any way you like. If
one store doesn't have someone talkative enough to give you just exactly
the info you need, just call a different one and start over again. One
of them is bound to turn up a real talker. HAM radio is all about radios
and talking anyways. Suggested discussion topics to pursue over a ham
radio connection for beginners and pros alike are, what kind of gear
you're using, how it performs, what problems you've run into, and so on.
Just what you're asking about.

BTW, HAM radio is into sending and receiving using personal computers
linked to amateur radios, so they will not feel it is out of their field
at all to discuss your kind of question. So if anyone says 'we only do
ham radio', he's off-base and just call another HRO. If you need more
stores and numbers, I'll see what I can come up with. Hope this helps.

Roland