[24hoursupport] Re: Cable generated interference

  • From: yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:52:21 -0500

I'm an Amateur Radio operator and licensee. More on the operational than
the electronic theoretical end, but we have to know about tv
interferance in case it bothers the neighbors watching the latest fad
madness out of hooliwood. How old are your monitors? Older ones 'offend'
more with stray rads. A newer set of monitors might help, as they are
better shielded, and smaller ones are cheaper. So would putting a sheet
of metal or wire mesh between the monitors and grounding it outdoors to
your water pipe, although I'm only speculating on that last suggestion.
Don't know if this helps, but there's my two cents.