[windows2000] Re: Can't DCs be ghosted??

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 11:53:03 -0800

>From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>I am split on this issue. On one hand AC is a must in a
>server-room. On the other hand USD 5000 for installing AC in a room
>that's smaller than the smallest closet at home kinda feel like
>overkill.

Agreed, why not get some sort of portable or wall mount unit for a couple
hundred dollars?

>Never occurred to me to spray wd40 on the hardware... 8-)

You should re-read the application instructions for Arctic Silver then.
They recommend cleaning all surfaces with WD-40, then Isopropyl Alcohol
before applying the grease.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"I can sleep at night because my servers are secure.  What's the secret you
ask?  I filled them with concrete."