[triadtechtalk] Re: Kodak digital camera woes

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:57:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2004 10:43:21 AM Central Standard Time,
avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

regedit,  find "symantec" (again sans quotes)& delete every  instance.

one more deletion needed........... dumb nortons is a mess anymore... it
also installs a mess of files in your program files folder under common
files...and that is where the haunting bits come from.... and only way to
delete  that
folder is first do the regedit as abv stated..that stops the active  files in
that folder . and then open your program files/common files folder...  scroll
to symantic shared or may be listed as nortons and even could be both....
simply delete them   ... and then you should be free of the Nortons  ghosts of
files coming back to haunt you..... a couple of times I also had to  make a
check in my windows folders and hunt down and find Norton and/or  Symantic
files
and also delete them individually..... as even after deleteing  the registry
entries for them they were still live in the windows folder and  doing a reboot
the dumb things made regisrty entries again...... that is the  main reason I
have sworn off anything from norton/symantic...... just like I  have sworn off
anything from Wallmarts......  lol......                          chuck... in
Ok