[triadtechtalk] Re: Kodak digital camera woes

  • From: Armando Barreiro <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 05:48:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Digital camera, eh? How many fingers has it? (LOL)

The actions you've taken would seem to be the proper route to go, i.e., uninstall & reinstall the drivers,
check for updated drivers and verify status via device mgr.

This group has helped my cousin on a couple of occassions with her camera woes:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/

Why not give them a try for support/help?
As you, she's constantly clicking away. I recently added an 80GB
drive just for her pictures.

Surely, you have already tried sytem restore, just in case...

Have you tried assigning a different letter(path) to the camera?
  1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
  2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
  3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then in the left pane, click Disk Management.
    "Disk 0" (Basic) is your hard disk - not not change this! Look for drives labelled as "Removable"
  4. Look for the drive that corresponds to your camera.
  5. Right-click the drive which you want to assign a different drive letter, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
  6. Click Change.
  7. Click Assign the following drive letter (if it is not already selected), click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
  8. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.
The drive letter of the drive that you specified is changed, and the new drive letter will appear in Windows Explorer - see if this helps, does it work now?

In device mgr., is USB O.K.? Tried deleting & letting Windows reload its drivers?

It may be that the flash card for the camera has become defective.

HTH,
Armando