[triadtechtalk] Kodak digital camera woes

  • From: "Sandy O'Neill" <muruagogo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 18:22:38 +1000

Hello everyone
I am having trouble with my Kodak DX4300 digital camera which I have used
without problem for about 2 years. All of a sudden, it will not transfer the
photos from the camera to my PC. I am having ongoing tech support with someone
from Kodak but dont know where that person is and how knowledgeable he is as I
receive one email a day from him, sometimes with a seemingly pertinent
question, other times with what seems to be a silly question or a repeat
question of one he has already asked a week or two ago (we have been conversing
once a day for about 3 weeks now).
Anyway, when I plug in the camera (I do not have a docking station, I always
connect directly to my computer), I get a Drive H on my computer. When I
disconnect the camera, that Drive H disappears. However, if I click on that
Drive H, it says : "The disk in Drive H is not formatted. Do you want to format
it now?" Of course, that is not right.
Over the past few weeks, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the kodak software
on a number of occasions, including first disabling my Norton anti virus. Still
no joy.
In my device manager, when the camera is connected, it shows up correctly as an
imaging device without any crosses or question marks through it.
If I try to update the driver, it tells me I have the best driver available.
I even thought maybe it had something to do with pop up thingys I have running,
spyware stuff, so I disabled everything I could think of. Still no luck.
If necessary, I could forward all of the correspondence I have had with Kodak.
Does anyone out there have any other ideas for me to try? It is a real
inconvenience for me not to be able to use the camera properly as normally I am
click, click, clicking away like a rabid photographer at anything that takes my
fancy !!
Sandy :)