[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi LCD50V500 light engine

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

Prices are pretty close. My shipping costs may be a little less, plus I have an
open account with Andrews. Your right it is not good if we have to front the
costs. It is conceivable that you could have several big ticket items in one
month and end up with a couple thousand dollar parts invoices to pay for before
you get reimbursed. In fact the odds are more likely as more of these sets are
sold. The new technology's are not cheap all around. I heard from someone don't
remember this list or not,that for every good plasma display that is
manufactured there are a sizable number of bad ones that end up in the scrap
heap. I know those are not inexpensive to manufacture. It will become clearer
as time goes on what we as service rs are up against in order to remain in the
business.

                                  Paul
walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tritronics shows List $822.10; cost 698.94 and a
dud value is ONE dollar???
The postage to return it will much more than $1.
They also show Inventory not available, can be
ordered.
This is not good.
Walter

=====