[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi LCD50V500 light engine

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:40:34 -0500

We haven't sold any lamps either, all that we have replaced have been
under warranty. They are all user replaceable as far as I know so there
probably won't be any "lamp+service call+labor=big bucks situations
unless you have a user who doesn't want to replace it and is willing to
pay to have it done. As a matter of fact one manufacturer says it is
user replaceable even when under warranty and won't pay a servicer to
replace it, probably all will be that way soon. Free Samsung and Zenith
parts? Not in this part of the world but we do get full credit when the
dud is returned for a warranty repair.
Since 1972
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronics