[TechAssist] Hitachi LCD50V500 light engine

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

Have any Hitachi ASC's  replaced the light engine in any of these LCD sets? If
so did you order the engine from a distributor and have it charged to your
account? Amazingly enough this cost $697.94 and the dud charge is $1.00. Figure
that? There must be something that is reusable in that assy. worth more than
$1.00. Maybe the labor is a big factor? I am hoping to get Hitachi to send me
one,  but they want me to buy it and reimburse me. Thought I would see what
others are doing for this.

       Paul

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video