[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi LCD50V500 light engine

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:16:53 -0500

You want to hear something
I got a customer here with Panasonic LCD Projo
It's 2 years old he replaced the lamp himself @ 1 year ago, he paid $400 us
Now he needs lamp thermal fuse (looks like type for inside power
transformers and microwave ovens)
I couldn't find any numbers on it. Panasonic won't give info, says have to
replace lamp ballast assembly $300 us retail.
Plus he opted to buy extra lamp $399.
so this $1.00 fuse is going to cost him $680 for service call, labor,
ballast plus the lamp.
He's pissed !

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx