[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas - Isolated Ped Crossings

  • From: Dick Andrews <RAndrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:43:34 +0100

I recall that Dorset used queue detectors to release the pedestrian stage
early. Whever possible we use pretimed maxes off peak in Devon as it tends
to give an instant green man at quiet crossings.
How about using kerbside detectors to put in a pedestrian demand and to use
crossing detectors to calculate when to input a demand for the second
crossing at staggered crossings?

I've seen signals used to stop speeding traffic in Portugal. The equipment
didnt seem very reliable though.

 Dick