[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas - Isolated Ped Crossings

  • From: "Kinnaird, Dave" <D.Kinnaird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:38:00 +0100

In Cardiff we use pre timed max and have recently been allowing more
pelicans to run under local control within UTC regions. I agree with Bruce
and we have adopted the philosophy that the all red period should always be
set to 3s. I could never work out before the justification for allowing a
min intergreen of 5s on a junction and 4s on a pelican / puffin / toucan
etc. Incidentally, we never allow our intergreens from vehicles to peds at
junctions to be less than 6s. This very rarely has any effect on capacity as
the ped min is normally less than the traffic min.
Dave