[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Christy Benson <christy_bbb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, raghu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:21:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I am using a AMP DIN Connector which has a current carrying capacity of
1.5A at 20 degrees. Basically I am using it as a board to board connector. I am
using the same connnector to deliver power also. What I wanted to ask was that
if I route the same VCC signal to say 6 pins then the VCC signal should be able
to carry 6x1.5A =9A . Say the resistance of the pin is 10mohm then the max
volatge drop would be 1.5 x .01= 15mV. Apart from the extra power consumption
is there any other problem in doing this kind of design. I know there are
higher current carrying connector but I have space issues on the board hence it
would be nice if I could do it this way. Thanks in advance. Regards,Christy

List archives are viewable at: