[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Sainath Nimmagadda" <gigabit@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:53:37 -0800

This is about so-called lazy EM fields. If they accomplish propagation
with the least effort, they are that much more efficient. Not a semantic
point at all but laziness, in general, doesn't imply effectiveness. I am
afraid this might lead to misconception after repeated usage and someone
out there
wonders how come light travels so fast if fields are lazy.

If there is a reason (other than lowest energy or impedance)to call
fields as lazy, let us know.

Thanks,
Sainath