[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Paul Levin <levinpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kirti@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:35:08 -0700

Dear Kirti,

Depending on how much amplitude you need and how "square" your waveform
needs to be, you might want to try using a linear RF amplifier such as those
sold by MiniCircuits. If you over-drive the input, the output will saturate,
resulting in a clipped sine wave (read "square wave with finite rise- and
fall-times") with amplitude determined by the amplifier and power supply.

Regards,

Paul
________________

Kirti Barpande wrote:
> Hello! Everyboby,
>    I am getting problem in converting a high frequency (around 500MHz) Sine
> wave (-ve peak -5.0v and +ve peak +5v) to square wave. Obviously we cann't
> use TTL buffers at this frequency. I tried with many TTL to ECL converter
> buffers fron ONsemiconductors but I could not get results. Has any one done
> such conversion? If so please let me know. Also inform me if you have any
> idea about fast comparators working above 500 MHz.
> Mrs. Kirti Barpande                Phone - 91-731-2488054
> Scientific Officer 'F'              Fax - 91-731-2488000
> Controls lab,
> Room no.114, ADL Building,
> Centre foe Advanced Technology,
> Indore,(M.P.),India. Pin 452013