[rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:31:27 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:17 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

Hi Richard -

Since we are shooting the camera/lens system, we do not want to eliminate the camera. We want to know about focus, film flatness, surface reflections/flare, and any other issues involving the entire
system.

This is why what Carlos is saying makes so much sense...

Eric Goldstein

If you are trying to evaluate lenses then you absolutely want to eliminate everything else. Otherwise you can't tell what you are measuring. The lens quality is paramount. If the lens is poor the rest of the camera becomes irrelevant. If you _know_ the lens is good and still have poor images then you can procede to isolate the problem.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA