[rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:59:06 -0800

You misread. What I meant was better coatings than they, JSK that is, had in
previous decades. The 50s coatings on Xenotars were horribly soft. Much
softer than those on Zeiss lenses. Not sure why, but since coatings were
designed for specific use perhaps their formula was not up to par until
years later.

Peter K

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 12:28 PM 3/20/2009, Peter K. wrote:
>
>> Wow! What a thread you started. Sanders, they are probably 99% identical.
>> Coatings developed by Schneider would be the major difference IMO as they
>> are the hardest to duplicate. By the 70s Schneider had much better and
>> harder coatings. Their coatings of the 50s were not nearly as good or as
>> hard as later years.
>> So the short answer, yes.
>>

> Peter
>
> JSK obtained permission to use Zeiss coating technology in 1948 and has
> always used Zeiss T and T* coatings ever since.  They certainly have never
> developed any unique processes.  And your statement that JSK had "much
> better and harder coatings" in the 1970 is simply gibberish.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the