[rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:24:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "CarlosMFreaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:35 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

Hi Richard:
The Rolleiflex T with Xenar lens is referred by Prochnow in the Rollei Report 2 _second and reviewed 2001 edition_ , it's the Prochnow Register 185/2, PR 185/2. The T with Xenar 3.5/75 lens was manufactured from the beginning of 1973 to August 1976, 3000
units from serial numbers T2.310.000 to T2.320.449.
Rollei specs for Xenar and Tessar lens were identical and then the T
Xenar is at least as good as the T Tessar in theory.-

Carlos

My Rollei books are first edition bought shortly after they came out. It sounds like there are significant differences in the later editions so I suppose I will have to buy them:-)

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA