[rollei_list] Re: Whiteface T with Xenar question

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:07:52 -0400

At 05:59 PM 3/20/2009, Peter K. wrote:
You misread. What I meant was better coatings than they, JSK that is, had in previous decades. The 50s coatings on Xenotars were horribly soft. Much softer than those on Zeiss lenses. Not sure why, but since coatings were designed for specific use perhaps their formula was not up to par until years later.

Yes, Peter, I did misread, and my apologies for my snippy response. I have been pretty much bed-ridden for two weeks with one hell of a cold and am only now climbing back to a state of health.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!