[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Philip Leeson <pjleeson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:32:57 -0500

And while you're at it, Parker's Rollei TLR Collector's Guide is also good.
ISBN 1-874031-95-9
Phil
On Sep 4, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

It's a history of how Rollei got started up at the turn of the 20th century
by Franke & Heidecke, their initial product line (stereo cameras) and then
the subsequent history of their TLRs (through both wars). It's a fairly
quick read, but gives you some sort of insight into how large the company
grew, when it reached its pinnacle, and how the SLR ultimately brought it
down. A nice overview of the company's history with only one unfortunately
"black eye" that occurred around WWII.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com