[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:14:08 -0400

One more question: who you mention "after being supportive of the Nazi party." Who was? When?

There were lots of Nazis, but not everyone was. There are lots of Americans who support the war in Iraq, but not everyone does. One has be to exact here. Leica apparently wasn't a big follower, though I haven't studied this thoroughly. It would seem Bechstein lost their factory as a result of the Nazis. They never were the same after the war.

Doug

On Sep 4, 2006, at 9:25 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

No, it wasn't a matter of F&H turning him in. Soon after the incident he
disappeared with other Jews to a concentration camp. I think the embarrasing
part was probably inadvertently involving a Jewish photographer in the
picture shoot after being supportive of the Nazi party.

I also wonder if the Theodore/Rolleiflex T incident really resulted in the
man being fired or if his sudden departure was unrelated.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com
http://400tx.blogspot.com/