[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 02:42:44 +0000 (GMT)

From 1933 F&H rejected several camera designs with
nazis symbols, f.e. the "Nakaflex" with the swastika
at the camera front panel, F&H never used nazis
symbols for their cameras and on 1939 F&H suspended a
giant international photo contest dedicated to
celebrate the important first prize the TLR Automat
won in the Paris World Expo due to the war. BTW they
were within Germany and Herr Heidecke used the brown
uniform like factory technical chief during the war,
Heidecke's son died in Stalingrad, but Rollei did
nothing important for the war, a few secondaries gears
for Panzers only.
Part of the Rollei factory was in ruins when the
Nineth US Army occupied it in 1945, they declared the
factory Off limits for Germans, however they allowed
Herr Friedrich Sommermayer, a F&H engineer, to work in
the factory to rebuild the cameras drawings and
diagrams from separate drawings found in different
departments.
Franke and Heidecke starting negotiations with the
American and afterwards with the British military
government to recover the factory and the Rolleiflex
and Rolleicord cameras manufacture began on December
1945 again with 72 workers.-

All the best
Carlos

=== message truncated ===