[rollei_list] Re: Rollei TLR - The History by Ian Parker

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:12:09 -0500

Rollei TLR: The History : The Complete Book on the Origins of Twin-Lens
Photography
by Ian Parker

The black eye:  When Rollei was working on the prototypes for a 9x9 studio
camera, a rather pro-Nazi Rolleiflex had a professional photographer take
Hitler's portrait with one of them for use in creating some postage stamps
wit the Fuhrer's likeness. When it was discovered that the photographer was
Jewish, everyone panicked, the photographer was later carted off, and the
studio camera project was scuttled.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com