[rollei_list] Re: Re : Difficult To Load?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 02:15:20 -0300

2010/7/21 David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>:
> One other reason for trying to do things a different way, of course,
> would be to get around existing patents.

You recalled me that Rollei needed to circumvent several Japanese
patents for their Rollei SL 35 cameras, sometimes the alternative
solutions were not so efficient like the Japanese solutions or the
solutions were not tried enough before to apply them for the cameras
regular production, these were the reasons Rollei SL 35 cameras had a
higher failure average than other Rollei products.

To load my Pentax P30t you open the door, you place the film cartridge
in its place and you rest the film leader on a red mark on the right,
you shut the door and advance the film, that's all, it seems it has a
motor but it does not have it.
My German mechanical cameras are more complicated to load in general,
but it's not a problem really. The SL 66 film insert was a bit
confusing initially, but it's easy to load after you understood the
system.