[rollei_list] Re: OT:Kodak Pocket 1A Autographic

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:55:03 -0400

At 11:27 AM 7/18/2010, you wrote:
>Thanks Marc for the info!. The lens has no data, in general it means
>it is a meniscus lens, Kodak anastigmat lenses always have name and
>data, it could be that my camera lost the ring with the data, but I
>have seen a lot of old Kodak cameras without lens data, the lens is
>always a menuscus for these cases. There is the number "2906" close to
>the lens-shutter.

That is a shame, Carlos, whether it is a meniscus or an achromat. The "anastigmat" lens of that era was a CZJ Tessar design made under license from Bausch & Lomb. (Two such lenses in Kodak VP's were carried high by Mallory and Irvine on 8 JUN 1924: one had taken the high picture at the Grand Couloir on 5 JUN. Those cameras have never been recovered, though Kodak has offered to develop the film when we find them.)

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!