[rollei_list] Re: OT:Kodak Pocket 1A Autographic

  • From: David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:20:06 -0500

I don't know the thinking behind assigning some of the Kodak film type
numbers.  Perhaps they were sequential, starting with 100 or 101?
Meaning 127 was created sometime after, say, 122?

828 on the other hand, was for eight exposures on a roll of film
28x40mm.  So the 8 and the 28 come from that.

The idea was to have a "miniature" camera using unperforated 35mm roll
film with a paper backing (for cheap cameras) and a notch for each
frame (for more expensive cameras.  It was a great idea but somehow
did not catch on with the public.

The difference between 120 and 620 is the spool- thinner, I think, for
620 although I am not sure what the supposed advantage was there.

126 was supposed to (I guess) replace 127.  The thought there was to
eliminate the tricky (for amateurs) film loading procedure by using a
cartridge.  But the film inside the cartridge was the same essentially
as 828, right?

Silver prices went through the roof in the 1960s and 70s and this was
behind the ill-fated switch to 110.