[rollei_list] Re: OT:Kodak Pocket 1A Autographic

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:52:18 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 2:02 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT:Kodak Pocket 1A Autographic

I have an old Kodak Senior Six-16 with the Kodak Anastigmat f/6.3 lens, Kodex shutter. I have wondered what kind of pictures it would take but with 616 film at 38 dollars a roll I guess I'll just keep on wondering.

Allan

You can probably rig it with some ground glass but also you could use sheet film, it would be inconvenient but would allow you to see what sort of performance the camera has. I've now forgotten what the Kodak Anastigmat is but think it may be a four element air spaced lens of the sort called a Dialyte. Kodak made lenses called "anastigmat" which were dialytes, Tessars, and triplets. The Dyalite is capable of very good performance but has narrow coverage, the famous Goerz Apochromatic Artar and Dogmar lenses are Dialytes. However, it may also be a Triplet. Kodak used f/6.3 Triplets on some of its larger roll film cameras. A will designed Triplet is capable of very good performance. BTW, I also have an old Autographic but mine has a Bausch & Lomb made Rapid-Rectilinear on it. B&L made these by the tens of thousands for Kodak.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA