[rollei_list] Re: OT:Kodak Pocket 1A Autographic

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:28:23 -0300

2010/7/18 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> That is a shame, Carlos, whether it is a meniscus or an achromat.  The
> "anastigmat" lens of that era was a CZJ Tessar design made under license
> from Bausch & Lomb.  (Two such lenses in Kodak VP's were carried high by
> Mallory and Irvine on 8 JUN 1924:  one had taken the high picture at the
> Grand Couloir on 5 JUN.  Those cameras have never been recovered, though
> Kodak has offered to develop the film when we find them.)

It would be nice if my camera had an anastigmat lens Marc, in fact
there are several Pocket 1A Autographic cameras marked "Kodak
Anastigmat 1:6.3 F=126 mm", but my camera was cheap very much, a true
present and then I bought it, I have seen now the same camera in the
same auction site for $ 260.
This Pocket 1A Autographic is newer than my camera, but it looks very
similar regarding it, except for the lens:
http://vieilalbum.com/1APocketKodakUS.htm

You could obtain very good images with a Kodak and a meniscus or
achromat lens, this is a sample taken by my grandfather during the
'20s:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/2973259954/