[rollei_list] Re: Re : Difficult To Load?

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:24:21 -0700

Because I remember somewhere that the door that opened to the left was
actually first used and perhaps a creation of Minolta on one of their 35mm
cameras. I do not remember where I read that but I believe they were the
originator. I will have to go back and see if I can find where I read that
but its not really important. Besides, I am sure you will tell me some
German company was first, but its a moot point. The antiquated Leica system
was and still is a POS in my opinion. And that was the main topic. They were
two faced and said they kept the same loading system for integrity on the M,
but never noted they did not have the same on the R.
BTW, I had a Contax. That was a PITA to load as well. And I am referring to
35mm cameras, not medium format.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 07:54 PM 7/20/2010, Peter K. wrote:
>
>> As used on the first Minolta made Leica SLR. Leica was too stupid to use
>> it on their M but it was ok to use it on their SLRs.
>>

> Yes, Peter, but please answer the question:  how did this Minolta swinging
> door differ from that used on, say, the 1936 Exakta or the 1972 Canon F1?
>  If there is no difference, then why not just call it a swinging door and
> leave out Minolta?
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!