[rollei_list] Re: Re : Difficult To Load?

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:50:20 -0400

But when Leica changed to a fixed slotted take-up spool in the M4 series, its film loading went from PITA to Best Ever. In re Hasselblad mags, a world renowned photographer once confessed to me he had been loading his incorrectly for the large part of a decade before discovering the error. There are too many blad functions simply not intuitive in use.

Allen Zak

On Jul 19, 2010, at 8:19 PM, Peter K. wrote:

Hit send too quick. The most difficult cameras to load for me were the old Contax with the stupid drop off back and the removable spool, followed by the Leica M. Leica did the smart thing by using the Minolta invented swing open back on the R, they were just too stupid, some would say stubborn, to make the M with the same to make it a better camera. But that is all gone with digital, where Leica among others makes their real money from these days.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hassy backs are not that bad. The little Bronica ETR back were a PITA.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard,

If some people thin that Rolleiflex TLRs are hard to load, they should try a  Hasselblad
A12 back !

Jerry lehrer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>