[rollei_list] Re: Press Cameras

  • From: Peter Mattei <petermattei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:02:21 -0700

 Hi, Don:  I wanted a Century Graphic in the ninth grade but made-do with
that old school paper standard, the Yashicamat.  Much later, I inherited a
3X4 Speed Graphic with two lever-advance rollfilm holders.  It's a fun
camera to take out.  About ten years ago I picked-up the Super Speed
Graphic with the 1000-speed shutter and the twin-22.5 volt battery
trigger.  I used it for fun shooting using the Fuji back and quick-loads.
In the movie, *The Right Stuff*, there are a pack of Super Speeds in a
couple of scenes.