[rollei_list] ECN 2 with Rolleikin

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:51:51 -0300

I received yesterday the two Kodak Vision 3 250d motion picture film
rolls loaded in 35mm cartridges for still cameras I had sent to a cine
lab to be processed using the ECN 2 process. I took the images a few
weeks ago (in February and at the beginning of March), one of the
rolls was used in the Rolleiflex 2.8C Xenotar with Rolleikin and the
other one on the Pentax P 30t. This film has a different look
regarding any other Kodak color negative  film I had used previously,
it does not mean I specially liked it in general, colors come too cold
from the scanner for my taste and several prints made in the lab
automatic machine show a blueish or greenish cast (others are right),
as if the machine had filtering problems, however these casts are
easily eliminated during the scan process, anyway I liked very much
this film for the skin tones. These four photographs were taken with
the Rolleikin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6864581860/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6864581766/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/6863584720/in/photostream/