[pythian] Re: CODE - Network

  • From: "kk \"sheshum\"" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:45:54 +0200

> >Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the project! I just wish I could get
> >paid to work on it, that'd be much simpler :)
> >

> I've been trying to figure out how to do that for 2 years.  Every time I
> think of something you tell me that it's not fair forthe other members.
>  Bah :(

Yo.. I have an idea for phase3. As it should be a massive multiplayer RPG we
could setup two types of players - free-of-charge and paid. The players who
would pay for the project would have more available crafts and also more
places to go. The free version would be a complete version to match our
goals, but there would be some quests and crafts not available to it. And
this would mean that if somebody already likes the game very much (like a
trial-version) he will maybe decide to donate us and order paid version (for
some little price like 6$ a month or so).
But we would have to change the licence, so that a company could be founded
with exclusive rights for the game licenced by pythian committee made of
some members listed in the licence... yo... we could maintain the servers
for this money and also pay Darryl ;) for coordinating the project.

> I've been away most weekends.

So do I. Sorry, I am not responding to the network stuff... I will do soon
(I am out of town next few days).

-kk